Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Past

I've lived all over the world... literally... to date I've been a resident of 3 different continents, 5 different countries, I can't count the number of cities, and have moved more times than the years I've lived.

Granted, I can't remember the first 3 countries and 2 continents... consisting of India, Singapore, and Holland. I was into North America by the time I was 4. In hindsight, although it was out of my control, I do wish I actually was old enough to remember my experiences. Dutch was one of my first languages. Actually gibberish was my first language... being surrounded by English, Hindi, Marathi, and Dutch at such a small age made it difficult for my young mind to distinguish languages. By the end, whatever I said was a mixture of the 4, and understood by noone. That's what you call diversity... I digress.

Once I moved into America, we first settled into a large neighborhood in Buford, GA. We had a massive house (well at least I think it was... to a 4 year old it was), great neighbors, and I went to this fun little montessori. I still remember the big kids used to come for the afterschool program. In my mind they were so old, thinking such complex thoughts. One little boy always used to tell me how old he was... everyday it went up in multiple of hundreds or even thousands. I thought it was the funniest thing I'd ever heard. Funny, the things your mind chooses to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment