Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Days 5 & 6 (Cinco y Seis Dias)

M started work today (day 6-- day 5 was quite uneventful). He actually had a good time. His official start date isn't till the 3rd, but his manager said to come in today as the new CEO will be visiting (the former CEO retired last month- big news). It worked out great, as M, if nothing else, has luck. He happened to be in the elevator with CEO. The engaged in a conversation, upon which CEO said "wow, you have great English". M replied with "I should... I was born and raised in Canada... today is my first day here in Panama". This brought them into conversation about how he came about moving to Panama (considering it's a 3 floor building, how they managed all this talking in the elevator is beyond me). Anyways, so the CEO told M that it was a great move, and commended him on the choice. This is awesome, and great face time for M. I predict good things (fingers crossed).

Other than that, I think we may be putting in an offer for a place. If we do, I will update of the progress. Other than that, the day was quite uneventful. We did have an awesome dinner. A full pitcher (and pitcher here is like the pitcher of juice you'd make for a party at home, not one of those small, round pitchers) of sangria, a filet mignon, a plate of jumbo (and I mean JUMBO) shrimp, and some flan for dessert all for $45. And we're in the most expensive area of the city. If nothing else, we will eat WELL.

No comments:

Post a Comment