Friday, July 24, 2009

Panama... Day 0

M has asked me to start a blog writing about our experience here in Panama. His motive for it I'm sure is to keep me busy in a new country while I remain unemployed. Fingers crossed my visa filing is quick so I can get a job. My motive for it is, who knows, may I can be published one day. This, of course, will not read as a publishable type novel of any sort, but I'm just writing as it comes to my mind and therefore you're not allowed to judge (so there!).

So our first steps in Panama started with the Immigration agent, who did not speak a word of English, holding onto my password and asking us to wait over there (communicated through a series of hand motions). A few short minutes later, someone else takes my passport, goes to another room (which looked suspiciously like a banos (bathroom) but who am I to question?), and in about 2 minutes brings it back and we're on our way.

Next came the daunting task of getting the cats inspected. The inspection consisted of me sitting outside with the cats and our piles of luggage, as M went in to a backroom, spoke to a vet who I never got a glimpse of; he marked down that he completed a thorough inspection, paid a significant sum of money, and off we were. Their thoroughness and concern for the health of our cats astounded me (roles eyes). Moneygrab if I've ever seen one.

The rest of the day was spent just looking at our new condo (well new as in temporary), adjusting the temperature so we don't wake up as icicles (yes, in a tropical country... for some reason they feel 15C is a reasonable, comfortable temperature... brr), and coaxing the cats to come out from under the new bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment