Thursday, July 30, 2009

Dia Siete

So I recently found out that Panama is in a seismic zone and does get earthquakes QUITE often. This was found out after reading a sign in the elevator that said "Terremoto". Knowing terre meant earth, and assuming was moto was something to that effect of a natural disaster (within the notice, I saw things saying to "stay calm" and ensure you have agua, etc.), we asked M's manager about it, who confirmed our suspicions. M's manager just moved here from Mexico last month. So we reply with "but I thought Panama was free of natural disasters", and he laughed saying that's what he was told too. Since he's lived here, there has been 2! That's crazy. I read up some more through my good friend, Google, and found that Panama, as a country gets hit by some 100 earthquakes a year, rating between 5 and 7 on the seismic scale. Granted, these normally hit north and northeast of the City, but we still get the aftershocks. Now I'm even happier we've decided on a house.

Speaking of earth's weird ways... last night there was a MAJOR thunderstorm. Worst I have ever experienced. The hunder was so loud, that everytime it sounded, car alarms went off. I was so scared of storms when I was young, and though frightening now, I was pleased to see my fear is gone, and replaced by a bit of excitement and a bit of anxiousness. The cats didn't seem bothered by it at all, which is odd, considering they get skittesh when they hear someone in the hallway walking. Weird creatures those cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment