Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Crybaby

Ok, so I've decided to stop numbering my posts by day. It makes my lazy days glaringly obvious, and I'd prefer not to have that.

So yesterday as I was dropping M back to work after lunch. OH! Did I mention? He comes home for lunch EVERY day. That's just the norm. Awesome! Love it. It makes the days soo much more bearable. I think this country's rubbing of on me. I digress. So, he tells me to wait downstairs, as he forgot to bring home a paper I need to sign to finalize some mortgage details (no we haven't moved in or anything yet-- I will write ASAP when things are firmed up). So I am sitting downstairs, when all of the sudden, a security guard is at each window. One guy, the street guard or whatever starts speaking in Spanish, and I look at him blankly (although I knew he wanted me to move, but ignorance works well). Finally I said "Habla Ingles?"... he laughed, and just sort of waived me off as in "it's fine, not worth the effort of trying to translate, she's doing no harm" that sort of thing. Nice guy. But the company security guard was power tripping BEYOND belief. He kept tapping his watch and pointing me to move. Bring out the violins, patheticness starts here... do you know what I did? I started crying! WTF? That was completely unexpected. It's just everyone had been so nice to me and people are understanding of my very little and very broken Spanish, and I just felt so freakin helpless not being able to explain that I am just waiting for 2 minutes till my husband comes to have me sign something, and that my husband works at the company, I'm not just some random loitering around the company grounds. Ugh, I cringe at myself sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment