Friday, January 8, 2010

Feeling sad...

I feel absolutely terrible that Coco has to leave. I know it's for the best. We made a mistake... a bad decision... and we are learning from it. That's experience right. "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment." (Barry LePatner).

What's worse, is I feel selfish in my feeling bad. I don't feel bad for Coco, because she is going back to her mom and in all honestly will likely forget us very soon (part of the reason we made the decision so early on-- so it doesn't detrimentally affect her). M is fine, because he is so rational about these sort of things, that the emotional is nowhere near as heavy. The cats will be ecstatic. I feel sad because I feel like I failed. I wanted a puppy for so long... so long. And we got one, and it didn't work out. I feel it reflects on me somehow. It's my fault... I didn't think the decision through-- this is the honest to god truth. I let my desire trump logic and rationality.

I want to think of it as a learning experience, but right now I just feel like crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment