Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year... New Blog

Can you believe it's a new year, and I've made less than 30 posts. That's not even 1 a week. That's pretty pathetic. I need some more accountability. I have decided to stop commenting on other blogs I frequent as anonymous, and start commenting with my blog URL. This might help me feel more as if the blog is giving me that release I'm looking for. You know what they say, sometime's it's good to know someone's listening.

I feel like being out of work for so long, coupled with living in a country where English is not the first language, has been quite crippling to my vocabulary. I cringe at some of my posts and struggle to find the right words to convey what I'm saying.

I need to start reading more, but unfortunately finding books in English has proven to be a daunting task. Furthermore, the lack of an organized mail system in the country, renders mail- order near to impossible.

My Resolutions (in no particular order)

1. Try to keep my temper under control. It's been going well, but I need to stop letting the little things get me.

2. Be conversationally fluent in Spanish by year-end.

3. Take a moment daily to soak it all in... how great everything is, and how bright the future looks.

4. Maintain touch with all the great people I've met over the years.

5. Stop biting my cuticles. It's getting embarrassing.

6. Make sure M is aware of how much I love and respect him, and how grateful I am to have him in my life. I take it for granted way too much.

These are a bundle of goals for the year, and goals for my life. I don't neccesarily think we should wait till New Years to make these, and will try and add more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment